September 18, 2012

The day I lost my ipad.

I have not been too quick to share this story to too many people because I am a little embaressed about it.  Yes...I lost my ipad, the one I had for only 6 months.  Here is how the story goes:

My friend Lissa came up to visit our new place sometime in mid-July.  We had planned a fun outing to Lake Oswego with all the kiddos.  As we were getting ready to go, I looked up directions on my ipad while sitting on the living room couch.  I quickly memorized them as she started getting the kids in the cars.  We had to take separate cars so I ran out and put Ariy in his carseat, got the stroller from the garage and ran through the house collecting diapers, sipping cups and all the necessities to go out for the day.  Lissa followed me to our destination.  On our way, I second guessed myself and went to grab my ipad to re-look at the directions.  Well, I didn't see it anywhere near me (as I was driving) so I just kept driving and luckily we made it.  I got Ariy out of the car and into his stroller but never saw the ipad and just figured it was burried somewhere in the car or at home and I didn't think twice about it.  We hung out and Lissa and I parted ways later that afternoon and Ariy and I returned home.  Upon getting home I figured I would see the ipad sitting on the living room couch but it was nowhere to be seen.  It's now been two months and it has never shown up.

I did tell a few people this story.  The ones who do not know Lissa all said the same thing, "Are you sure your friend didn't take it?"  Lissa - I always stood up for you friend.  You would never do something like that, would you?  =)

I have to say, Rick took the whole thing really well, even when we stumbled upon the receipt and were reminded of just how much we spent on that brand new thingamajig. I think he quickly realized after marrying me that being a little bit of a space cadet was just part of my DNA.  He may not LOVE it all the time but he accepts it and works with it.

I didn't beg for a new device to play with but I think the more and more I was on Rick's computer the more he wanted me to have my own toy again.  We decided this time to go for a laptop as it was a little more affordable and can do some things the ipad just can't do.  I do miss some of the kid apps on the ipad but Ariy is still young and will enjoy those more when he is older (it is great for a plane ride though!).

Well, my new toy came today!  I am currently typing on it and excited to have such a fun toy to play with during these bed rest days.

PS.  I can't quite figure out how to edit using the spell check on here so forgive for all the errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment