July 14, 2011

Wedding Celebrations in Colorado



We just returned from our very first flying and traveling experience with a baby.  Overall consensus - Ariy did amazing!  We tried to get him a good nap or two each day wherever we were at, and he did great!  He was such a happy baby with all the attention and did great being carted around everywhere.  The day before we flew out, we got a package from Amazon.  I ordered portable speakers for our ipods.  We both have downloaded free "noise" machine apps and for a quick sooth, they work wonders.  Whenever he naps, we turn up the "heavy rain" noise and out he goes.  It is pretty great.  I would recommend something like this for anyone traveling.  It was one consistent sound he heard no matter where he was for a nap. 

Here is a picture from the airport on the way home.  We were delayed for almost an hour after they boarded us due to severe thunderstorms.  I got pretty anxious and the beginning of both flights but to my surprise, Ariy was awesome.  He slept through both flights!



Probably the best moment for Ariy's rise to popularity was during the wedding ceremony.  He was officially named the ring barrier.  The plan was this - after a (what was suppose to be) a 45 minute ceremony, the time for rings would approach.  The pastor would look over to Rick, the best man, to give him the rings.  Rick then looks confused and turns to look at the best man next to him and so on and so on.  Each guy turns their head one by one until the last guy is left not knowing where the rings are.  I am then positioned to be sitting right next to the last best man.  I pick Ariy up (with rings attached to his little suit) and hand him over to the last best man.  He then proceeds to pass him down the row until the rings make their way to Rick's hands and over to the pastor.  This was the plan.  However, come time for the ceremony to start this was Ariy:


He passed out about 10 minutes before the ceremony began.  I actually was hoping for this because I knew he would never make it 45 minutes just sitting and listening to the beautiful ceremony.  He slept for the first 10 minutes or so and then awake he was.  I did my best to pacify him with a bottle and toys and ridiculous faces.  And, it worked.  The time came quicker then expected and the groomsmen, one by one, looked down the row wondering where the rings were.  I lifted Ariy up like simba from the lion king and passed him off to the last groomsmen.  What followed was very memorable.  Eight grown men in suits passed my baby one by one down the row.  Some cradled him ever so carefully, others had no knowledge that they should maybe watch the bobble head.  My stomach had butterflies in it which distracted me from my goal of video taping the whole thing.  The crowd laughed and everyone whispered "how cute."  I didn't actually hear that, I just assume that was everyone's thoughts (of course). 

Here is a short video of the last few passes of that memorable moment. 

More importantly, the wedding of Randy and Aubrie, my brother and sister-in-laws, was amazing.  It was quite the party and everyone had a great time.  We had a lot of help from family and really got to enjoy our time.  Cheers to an amazing start to Randy and Aubrie's new life together.  And thank you to family for your extremely generous support towards our little family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment