March 07, 2011

Sleeping arrangements and Tea parties.

I took a brief hiatus away from the blog.  It was totally unintentional but I missed a few key weeks.  The exhaustion that comes with working full-time and being in my third trimester has definitely set in. To say the least, blogging took a back seat.  However, I have a lot I want to document and remember during this time so I am going to try to be more intentional as we are making are way down the home stretch.


The few weeks I have felt my baby inside grow from feeling like extra gas and a moving blob in my belly to a full on baby with bones and strong limbs.  He definitely can move and push in ways that make it very apparent that he is a full on baby hanging out in there.  I can often feel a foot or elbow push out the side of me.  Sometimes I try and grab it but he often retreats when I do that.  The last month has also marked the most creative pursuit Rick and I have ever undertaken together: project how-to-get-christine-to-sleep.....well.  If you haven't already read his blog post, "If the Wife is in the doghouse, where does that leave the Husband?", I highly recommend doing so. It is probably one of his best. You may want to check our our latest videos that visually explain the many sleeping arrangements. To view all the Pregnancy related videos, just click on "pregnancy" over on the right hand side of Rick's blog: rickloveschristine.blogspot.com.


The other fun thing that recently has begun is the many shower festivities.  I had my first shower, an amazing tea Party thrown by my friends and family at our home church Dundee Covenant.  I felt extremely blessed and absolutely loved attending my first tea party which included chocolate covered strawberries, scones, mini sandwiches and so much more!  I think one of the best parts of the shower was just realizing what a home church can be like.  I really haven't been lived in one place long enough and really intentionally invested (or allowed myself to be invested in) in a home church.  This is something RIck has taught me a lot about as he serves faithfully to our church.  I am thankful for all the amazing support we get from everyone at DCC.  A special thank you to everyone who helped throw the tea party bash - especially Jan, Sonya and Jenny!  


One of two tables of tea party goers.  The kids thought tea parties mean serious faces. 

Jan opened up her home and provided all the tea party necessities.

My chosen cup - I love green.

We played the "guess how big Christine is by cutting a piece of string" game.  Melissa won and Annette was right behind her.  

Jenny shared a great testimony about becoming a Mom.  She actually brought me to tears, something that doesn't show up very often since I have been pregnant (I've become less emotional).

Sonya decorated the nametags with fun green birdy stamps.  I loved it. 

The spread.

My plate - don't worry I replenished a couple times. 

Everyone was extremely generous with the great gifts.  I decided to give this hat a try...just a little bit too small. 








No comments:

Post a Comment