March 31, 2011

"Hey baby!"

Tomorrow marks 38 weeks and the end of an "exciting"month.  This month has taken a turn for the unexpected and threw me a few curveballs.  I have enjoyed feeling the progression of baby nearing his arrival but it has also brought on some anxiety.  Two weeks ago I had a feeling that I had "progressed" in physical terms.  I hadn't planned on having my midwife check me so early on but I decided I was curious to know if what I was feeling was correct.  It indeed was.  I was moving right along and my body has done almost half the work at this point.  That was exciting and good news.  I still planned on working for another 3.5 weeks and all was good.  I had it worked out though that if he came a couple weeks early that would be ok.  However, he did need to wait until April because I had things to accomplish both at home and at work before that point.  Needless to say, I was making all the plans.

I have had a number of other worries as baby's arrival has drawn closer including things like money, decisions regarding work, things around the house I wanted done, etc. Some of my worries justified, others maybe not so much.  Along with these, I have had some health concerns over the past couple weeks.  Nothing to be too concerned about at this point, my midwife has advised, but I am being monitored much closer than I had been.  As everything peaked this week, Rick and I decided to pull the plug on work a little early.  I am only working a small handful of hours this week to get everything in order and then I am taking off until baby arrives.  I was not sure about this decision at first but ultimately I think it is the best.

As a result, I feel a lot more relaxed already.  I have enjoyed lots more time with my husband before the baby arrives.  I feel a lot more settled around the house.  I have finally arrived to the point that I have many times said "Hey baby...you can come out now."  I don't think I was quite there a couple weeks ago.  I normally feel like I am a pretty relaxed individual but I think this time of easing into a big life change is the right kind of transition for all parties involved.  Mom is calming down and staying healthy, baby is doing well his last few days/weeks in womb, and husband likes a calmer and nicer wife.

I have had a number of people tell me he looks lower.  Although it doesn't feel much different, as I have had a lot of "pressure" for a while now, I do feel like he may be getting ready.  We are ready and are hoping for him to maybe show up a bit early.  Prayers that he comes soon would be awesome!

38 weeks tomorrow!  


A fun and exciting surprise came in the mail this week.  This sweater was made by the one and only Amy Thomas.  She is pretty fantastic.  I literally have been walking around with the past day or so just bringing it wherever I go.  Perfect timing Amy!  Thanks - we love you!


As of right now, we do not have a set plan to share the news.  I do know that Rick has a blog ready to go to make the initial announcement that he has arrived.  He will probably post this shortly after his birth.  His blog gets published to his facebook account however, if you are not friends with him on fb or you do not use fb, keep his blog bookmarked.  His blog is rickloveschristine.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment