March 16, 2011

Bigger and bigger everyday


This picture was taken at the end of 34 weeks.  Friday I hit 36 weeks and I am pretty sure I have grown some in the last week and half.  I am feeling bigger and bigger everyday.  It's hard to imagine this baby is going to stay in for another month.  I know people say you are often late with your first but all signs are pointing to baby making an appearance a little bit earlier.  If "my plans" go forward I would like to make it through another 2 weeks of work and once we hit early April, I will feel a little bit more in the clear. 

Highlights recently:
  • Knowing where the baby is inside me.  Being able to hold his little bum and push back on a little foot.
  • Feel him getting stronger and stronger (I am downing the milk - making those bones strong!)
  • Attending Rick and my self-made birth class (literally).  We have created our own and I love it.
  • Rick being a very attentive and caring husband.  
  • Going on a March date night to Portland for dinner and to see the show STOMP
  • Two great baby showers (one more to go!!).  I have been extremely blessed.
  • Our surprise delivery from super G...Rick got a "dad" gift and baby got an almost lifesize giraffe (maybe baby sized lifesize)
Interesting feelings and experiences (I don't want to call them lowlights):
  • My swollen feet.  They don't hurt but they look like they have put a few pounds on themselves
  • Lots and lots of pressure.  Sometimes I think the baby might just fall out of me.
  • A growing number of braxton hicks.  I find these very interesting.  
  • Feeling tired and like I had a hard work out at the end of every day.
  • Putting on socks is getting much more difficult.
  • Wishing I had the energy to do everything everyday that I would like to do.
  • It is getting difficult to plan out everything for my job - it's hard to do when you don't know an exact date.  I wish the baby would send me a memo.

Quick shout out/thank you - today I received two books from Amazon with no note or indication as to who sent them.  I am very excited to read them both and appreciate the thoughtful gift so thank you to whoever is the secret sender!  

2 comments:

  1. I predict April 4th....7:30pm

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're getting Braxton Hicks, I bet you're not too far off! Maybe April 3? That's when Caroline will be three months old. Praying for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete