July 14, 2012

2nd trimester and a new home

As of July 1st, we became Portland dwellers. We are sharing a home with my close relative Dodgie. He is basically like another grandfather to Ariy so Ariy has LOVED being able to see him every day. Our hope is that in about a year or maybe less, we can save up and be ready to buy a home. We are very thankful that Dodgie has graciously opened our house to our busy family and support us in our goals.

As for baby #2, we are getting excited but I think it is still surreal. I am about 15 weeks along and am thankful to be in the second trimester. I have to be thankful because all in all I have had a very easy pregnancy but I am happy to see a few weird symptoms slowly go away. Again, I have had lots and lots of saliva. Soooo gross and caused me to chew gum like it was my job. That has mostly stopped. Lots of food aversions. With ariy I ate eggs every day and meat and protein was no problem. It was until this week that I took the leap and successfully made some eggs and ate them. I also ate chicken this week. Mostly, I have wanted bread and French friends. Pretty much the healthiest diet you can imagine.

I am happy that despite the not so good diet, I am healthy. I have been able to stay pretty active. I've gained a total of 5 lbs in the last three months and my belly is definitely starting to look like a prego belly. My blood pressure is great so far which was the issue at the end of my pregnancy with Ariy. At this point, things look great. One thing that has been very uplifting about this pregnancy is my care. I was able to see a midwife with my last pregnancy and I was able to labor that way I wished and besides having a csection, I enjoyed my labor and delivery experience. However, having a fresh perspective and new midwife has shown me that it can even be better. I have had a lot to process given the stress of my last pregnancy and start the decision making process of how I hope to see this pregnancy go. I am so thankful to be with a midwife and practice that really supports me and who believes first and foremost, how things play out and the decisions we make is always my decision in the end. I think last time, there was a lot of fear and pressure and although those things may come into play, I believe that this time, they will remind me of my octopus and the ability to say no. Even with my care at this point, there is no pressure to come in every 2 to 4 weeks right now. I am very healthy and I can wait until the next needed appointment which is around 20 weeks. It's nice to be able to stretch things out and feel confident that I am doing good thus far. Our next appointment is August 23rd and it is also when we can find out the gender. I plan on having them write it down and finding out later. I want to do something easy but creative...if you have any suggestions let me know.

Finally, Ariy is getting more and more of a personality every day. We now live with a cat and somehow Ariy decided that when you ask "what does a cat say"? He responds with not a sound but by scrunching his nose. I just think it is so funny. Not a great video but you get the idea. In the video he is standing at the top of the stairs looking down to where the kitty lives.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment