June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I am very excited to be able to celebrate Father's day today.  Father's day always ended up right next to my birthday as well as the last day of school growing up.  I always have loved my birthday (you know this if you know me) and I was always a little sad to have these two "exciting" days so close.  A little selfish, I know.  I also think I just never really had the chance to celebrate.

Now that I get to live and witness a daddy doing his magic everyday, I am more than thrilled to celebrate.

Rick is a pretty great dad, and here is why:
  • He changed all but maybe 1 diaper the entire time we were in the hospital and for a good while at homes afterwords.  He had to teach me a few things.
  • He make Ariy smile all-the-time.  Ariy loves to look and play with his daddy.  Sometimes more than me but I am ok with it.
  • He plays rough with Ariy.  I know it worries some of us sometimes but I love the daddy affection in the rough play.
  • He likes his son to look good.  I often will go for the mismatched clothing and random outfits but Rick will choose the best and cutest.  
  • He cares for Ariy now and for his future.  I know he will always be in his life and model what a good father is to him.
We both love him a lot!  For a Father's day treat, we bought one of his favorite meals, bow ties and pasta sauce.  I have never made this for him so I hope he enjoyed it.

Daddy Dinner

Daddy-son nap time

No comments:

Post a Comment