October 03, 2010

One third of the way there...

I am 12 weeks prego this week.  I am working on finishing up my first trimester.  I have to say, I am excited to put this last month and a half behind me.  Some of the real high (I mean "low") points were:
  • Having morning, noon, and night sickness.  
  • Daydreaming about my next chance to sleep
  • Overflowing saliva - check out "Spitting Pregnant."
  • Having my mouth taste like metal
  • Having to eat any moment I am awake, even in the middle of the night
As frustrating as some of these were, I am enjoying the process.  It is crazy how quickly things change.  I am feeling good now and really starting to grow.  I plan on posting a picture any day.   This month also included are first full ultrasound.  It was a lot of fun to see a really clear view of the baby.  At one point we even saw "Monday" waving his/her arms.  It was pretty cool to see the baby moving and just looking more like a baby.  We also have a picture we will post soon of this ultrasound.  My due date was again confirmed to be April 15th, tax day!  The other thing this month marked was my journey into maternity clothes.  I can still fit into all my clothes but most of my pants are not as comfortable.  My mother-in-law and I took a day to go shopping and try on maternity clothes.  It was a lot of fun and I am really excited about the clothes we picked.  I have already started to wear most of them.  I didn't think I would jump in this fast but right now I am definitely choosing comfort over trying to wear my regular clothes as long as possible.

Here is the size of our baby this week:
More pictures and updates to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment