November 06, 2013

Pumpkin Patch and Halloween

I am pretty big into celebrating.  I LOVE any reason to dress up in a ridiculous outfit and celebrate something with people and food and fun.  Although the rain is seriously depressing me, October in Oregon means pumpkin patch time which starts the domino of holiday celebrating.

We have gone to Lee Farms in Tualatin the past few years.  It is a great farm with lots of fun activities for the little ones.  Ariy was there pretty much for one thing: the barrel train ride.  I was there for pretty much one other thing: the donuts.  They make pumpkin and apple cider donuts and if you snag fresh warm ones they are pretty much heavenly although I am not sure they beat out Gooddale (or whatever its called now).

For Halloween this year I was able to snag/borrow two free cow costumes.  They kind of fell into my lap so that is how I chose what they would be.  I liked the idea and I realize this may be my last year choosing for Ariy.  He might have a stronger opinion next year.  Rick and I dressed up as farmers to go with them.  Newberg does a great trick or treating along the downtown strip where all the small businesses are.  It is really the thing to do.  The streets are packed and different business, churches and other organizations hand out candy, glow bracelets, and put on fun games for kids.  I loved walking around and seeing all the costumes.  Ariy was more into it than last year but still didn't quite catch on.  We let him get candy at the first few businesses and then we just walked and passed right by the candy.  We let him pick out one piece of candy from his pail and then the rest went to Rick's work.  He never even asked about it again.  I am guessing this will not work the same next year.














No comments:

Post a Comment