December 10, 2012

36 Week Update

I always am a bit nervous when I write these.  I do know that people actually read them but I also just write so I have things documented somewhere.  I have often looked back at my pregnancy of Ariy via the blog.  I never know if I am writing too much info but I know that when I look back, I want to know as much as possible.  Anyway, that is my disclaimer for these updates.  They may be interesting to you or not at all.

First things first - we made it!  I hit 36 weeks yesterday and I am feeling very confident this baby has packed on some pounds recently and would do just fine if she entered the world.  Next Sunday, she will even be considered full term.  There is no stopping labor now if it were to happen.

Weight gain:  yes!  I didn't gain weight for a long time while on bed rest.  I sat at a stand still for close to 2 months which started to really worry me but no one else seemed to be concerned.  Well, the last month I have fully caught up.  I am pretty sure I have hit the 25 pound mark this week.

Blood pressure:  So far so good with this one.  I am pretty paranoid about this happening again and with Ariy it started going up sometime in the next week or so.  If this happens, there is a slight chance we will have to be induced and if I am far enough along we will try breaking my water like we did with Ariy.  Hopefully this does not happen though!

Overall feelings:  I feel pretty good.  Getting back on my feet has been slow.  I wanted to try and take it easy until 36 weeks and for the most part I did.  My body kind of forced me to slow down a few times.  I just get so sore from not being used to being up on my feet.

Dilation/Effacement:  As of a week ago I was 2cm, 50% effaced and -2 station if you know what any of that means.  Things are moving right along.  I am a lot further ahead then where I was with Ariy but that can also be normal for a second baby.

Meds:  I am done!!  woo hoo.  I'm so curious to see how this effects things this week.  When I started on the progesterone around 22 weeks I was having a lot of contractions - what I assumed were braxton hicks but since my cervix was shortening they could of actually been doing something.  The progesterone helps to relax your uterus so it doesn't contract so much.  It made a very big difference within days.  I have had more contractions the last couple weeks being up more but now that I am off it I wonder what will happen.

Am I ready?  The last day or so I have started to get excited to meet her and have her out.  I have also had a fair amount of anxiety about having two kiddos.  We are in tight quarters here and I am nervous to go through this adjustment in the midst of a lot of transition going on for us.  I know it will all work out just fine but I would say this time around I have a lot more nerves than I did with Ariy.

Name?  None yet.  We have some ideas and general ideas about naming her but no name specifically.  We will wait until she's born.

No comments:

Post a Comment