August 27, 2010

I'm a terrible blogger.

I am not the most dedicated blogger as you can see.  Kind of a bummer because my favorite blogs are the ones I can count on to be updated every few days.  I enjoy seeing the new pictures or stories.  I am apparently disappointing myself.  I also struggle with material but I have decided that since the pregnancy is now officially public, I may start writing about my experiences and thoughts on the matter.  This has been something I have looked forward to most of my life.  I went through many baby dolls growing up.  One cried so much I gave it back to my mom and said I was "too stressed out."  Another one's head fell off while I was nurturing it.  These experiences never left me disheartened though.  In fact, I am optimistic my baby will be soothed by me (of course I expect crying!) and more importantly, that it's head will not fall off.  I count that a success already.  Looking forward to the many adventures that await us through this pregnancy and when this little one appears.  

At the present moment I am stuck in bed, as I have been since yesterday afternoon, with a stinky cold.  I am trying the rest-as-much-as-possible method to hopefully heal fully and quickly.  I am shooting for tomorrow morning since we have friends staying with us.

That's all for now.  I promise another one soon...definitely an update on our first visit to the doctors on Sept. 7th.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, lovable Christine - you will be a great mom, even if the baby's head should fall off! (Not that that would ever happen!) Your experience with cloth and plastic babies might not have been the best, but you look great whenever you're holding McKinnley, so you've definitely got the momma's touch down pat!Can't wait to hear about your further adventures into motherhood. Love you lots, Lu. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, hope my baby's head will not fall off :). Great stories, thanks for sharing. How are you feeling?

    I posted some pics of my little (but quickly growing) bump on my blog for you :)

    ReplyDelete